OHSMS – Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems – Lead Auditor Training – (AU & TL) – 5 Days
“In helping to establish Health & Safety benchmarks for your business, this training course will give you the knowledge and skills to effectively conduct any OHS audit”
TRAINING COURSE OVERVIEW
OHSMS – Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems. Information presented in this two day Lead Auditor Training course forms the basis for a systematic and integrated approach to Occupational Health and Safety Management. It also enables participants to gain an understanding of the requirements of all the elements in AS/NZS 4801:2001/OHSAS 18001:2007.
The course examines the benefits of implementing an Occupational Health and Safety Management System and the compatibility of OH&S and Quality Management Systems.
The program explains the significant features of an Occupational Health and Safety Management System and the terminology and methodology used in the AS/NZS 4801:2001/OHSAS 18001:2007 Standards.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course suitable for:
- Any professional responsible for developing and implementing OHS management systems based on AS/NZS 4801:2001/OHSAS 18001:2007
- Auditors and lead auditors who are required to conduct internal/external audits.
Note: Professionals may choose to do this course in their own pace by opting to do the individual competencies Exemplar Global-OH, Exemplar Global-AU and Exemplar Global-TL at different times as per the training schedule.
WHAT WILL BE ACHIEVED
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand OHS laws, principles, codes of practices, and standards
- Identify OHS hazards that are reasonably expected to occur for that business type or industry
- Assess the risk of identified hazards in the context of the organisation’s OHS management system
- Assess the effectiveness of methodologies to control OHS hazards
- Assess the OHS roles and responsibilities within the context of the organisational environment
- Determine the adequacy and effectiveness of an OHS management system
- Understand the application of the principles, procedures and methods of auditing
- Understand the conduct of an effective audit in the context of the auditee’s organizational situation
- Understand the application of the regulations, and other considerations that are relevant to the audit, the management system, and the conduct of the audit
- Understand and practice personal behaviours necessary for the effective and efficient conduct of a management system audit
- Establish and plan the activities of an audit team
- Communicate effectively with the auditee and audit client
- Organise and direct audit team members
- Prepare and complete the audit report
- Use remote auditing methods
- Prior knowledge on the standard is desirable but not essential to attend this course.
- You may wish to attend OHSAS 18001 Awareness course
- On successful completion of the course assessment, participants will be issued with a ‘Certificate of Attainment’, covering the competencies of Exemplar Global-OH, Exemplar Global-AU and Exemplar Global-TL
- This certificate enables successful candidates to apply to Exemplar Global (formally RABQSA International) for certification as a provisional auditor.
- Those participants who choose not to submit the assessment will be issued with a ‘Certificate of Attendance’