OHSMS – Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems OHSAS 18001:2007/AS 4801: 2001 Training – 2 Days
As the world’s most recognised Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems standard, ISC Global helps all kinds of organisations put in place demonstrably sound occupational health and safety performance
TRAINING COURSE OVERVIEW
OHSMS – Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems – The information presented in this two day course forms the basis for a systematic and integrated approach to Occupational Health and Safety management. It also enables participants to gain an understanding of the requirements of all the elements in AS/NZS 4801/OHSAS 18001.
The course examines the benefits of implementing an Occupational Health and Safety Management System and the compatibility of OH&S and Quality Management Systems.
The program explains the significant features of an Occupational Health and Safety Management System and the terminology and methodology used in the AS/NZS 4801:2001/OHSAS 18001 2007 Standards.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course is suitable for:
- Professionals who are responsible for developing and implementing systems based on AS/NZS 4801:2001/OHSAS 1800:2007 Standards.
WHAT WILL BE ACHIEVED
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Professionals who are responsible for developing and implementing systems based on AS/NZS 4801:2001/OHSAS 1800:2007 Standards
- Auditors and lead auditors who are required to conduct internal and external OHS audits
- Understand OHS laws, principles, codes of practices, and standards
- Identify OHS hazards that are reasonably expected to occur for that business type or industry
- Assess the risk of identified hazards in the context of the organisation’s OHS management system
- Assess the effectiveness of methodologies to control OHS hazards
- Assess the OHS roles and responsibilities within the context of the organisational environment
- Determine the adequacy and effectiveness of an OHS management system
- Understand the application of the principles, procedures and methods of auditing
- There are no pre-requisites or prior knowledge required for this course.
- All participants will be issued with a ‘Certificate of Attainment’
- This certificate enables successful candidates to apply to Exemplar Global (formally RABQSA International) for certification as a provisional auditor when combined with competencies gained from either Exemplar Global-AU or from both Exemplar Global-AU and Exemplar Global-TL
- Those participants who choose not to submit the assessment will be issued with a ‘Certificate of Attendance’